May 30, 2008

Viejito ya...

At work today for the afternoon, following a good night of drinks and amigos. I went downtown and walked around for a while this morning, which was great since the weather has been much cooler recently than in the past couple weeks. I feel like you can tell that the cold comes from the arctic here in Paraguay, and it can get pretty chilly. Yum! Maria Cella, a secretary here at the firm, just made me a special coffee drink... Truth is that this bday is pretty easy -- better than 27 -- though I'm that much closer to being 30. 30!? At least I am accumulating a few good stories along the way.



Didn't make it this morning, which is one of the great things about being a volunteer worker -- you don't have to punch the clock! Since I am taking next week off and the project is due soon, I had to come in and finish up the Reglamento of the Congressional Library. It is quite amazing that I had the opportunity to write the thing! We based the org chart and more or less the whole Reglamento on the Library of Congress in the States, and of course had to scale down quite a bit as well as make adjustments for the way the library operates today. Pretty dang interesting, though. I would post it up here so that all could read it, but its in Spanish, so most of the readers would have a pretty difficult time with it! José Luis translated whatever I hadn't and made corrections to it so that it looks proper. What a fantastic way to utilize my pricey graduate education!

No comments: